Healthy Full-Fat Chocolate Hearts
Author: Helen Papaconstantinos
Recipe type: Dessert
- ½ cup raw fair trade organic cacao paste, grated (i.e., Giddy-Yoyo brand)
- ½ cup raw fair trade organic cacao butter, grated
- 1 tsp extra-virgin coconut oil (it adds shine as well as good fat)
- 2 teaspoons organic Vanilla bean powder (or a teaspoon of vanilla extract)
- ⅛th teaspoon (a pinch) organic stevia leaf powder (can omit)
- Celtic sea salt to taste (it brings out the sweetness of the chocolate). Do not use table salt.
- Optional: pine nuts, chopped walnuts, raw almonds, raw pumpkin seeds, dried or fresh pomegranate seeds for decoration and crunch.
- Place the cacao paste and cacao butter into a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup. Place the cup into a slightly larger pan that is partly filled with water. (You are in essence creating a double-boiler).
- Turn your stove burner on to medium heat and start melting the chocolate mixture. As the chocolate mixture begins to melts, turn the heat off and keep stirring until melted. Cacao butter melts at 122 degrees Fahrenheit so you don’t need to use high heat.
- Next stir in the vanilla bean powder and sea salt. If using stevia, add it now. Pour the mixture carefully onto heart-shaped candy molds or paper bon-bon cases.
- Place somewhere cool to harden.
- Keep refrigerated, and try not to eat the whole tray in one day. Enjoy!!