Roasted Dandelion Root Frappe
Author: Helen Papaconstantinos, Insightful Nutrition
- 3 cups freshly boiled water
- 2 tea organic roasted dandelion root tea bags
- 3 cups homemade ‘thick’ almond or hemp seed milk (recipe follows)
- 2 TBS finely ground cacao nibs OR roasted, finely ground carob
- Optional: 3 pitted Medjool dates (soak in a ¼ cup hot water if dry)
- ¼ teaspoon powdered vanilla bean or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place 2 roasted dandelion root tea bags in a tea pot. Fill the kettle with 3 cups of water and bring to boil. Once the water is brought to the boiling point, pour it over the teabags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime, place 3 cups homemade almond milk, ground cacao nibs, dates and vanilla bean powder into a high-speed blender.
- Process on high speed until frothy and smooth -around 1 minute.
- Pour the strong dandelion tea into mugs half-way. Top with thick almond milk or cream which has been whipped into froth in the blender.
Here’s a great Nut/Seed Milk recipe
to compliment this one!