Pumpkin Muffins (Grain-Free)
Author: Helen Papaconstantinos
Recipe type: Breakfast, Snack
- • 1 cup organic pumpkin puree
- • 2 large free range eggs
- • 2 tablespoon olive oil, melted butter or melted coconut oil
- • ⅓rds cup honey
- • 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- • Grated zest of 2 organic oranges (wash well)
- • 1 cup almond flour
- • 1 teaspoon baking soda
- • 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- • 1 tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
- • Freshly grated nutmeg to taste (about ⅛th of a teaspoon)
- • Pinch fine sea salt
- • Optional: 2 tablespoons shelled pumpkin seeds for sprinkling on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, olive oil, honey, grated orange peel and vanilla until combined.
- In separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Spoon into prepared muffin tin filling ¾ full.
- Sprinkle pumpkin seeds over the top. Bake until a tester comes out clean, about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. They will be a bit soft when warm but will firm up later.