Beef and Pork Patties (Grain-Free)
Author: Helen Papaconstantinos
Recipe type: Breakfast, Lunch
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef (pastured, organic)
- ½ pound lean ground pork (pastured, organic)
- 2 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 medium-sized onion, grated (1 cup)
- 1 small red potato grated, squeeze out water (½ cup)
- ⅓rd cup ground almonds (can substitute rolled oats)
- 2 TBS water or broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Italian flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (can add more if meat is very lean)
- 1 level teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all of the above ingredients together lightly with fingertips. Let sit at room temperature for about half an hour so that the proteins can relax (makes the patties easier to form).
- Pinch a small piece of mixture to make 2-inch balls. Lightly flatten each ball with your hands and place on a parchment paper lined tray. If very wet, can lightly dust with potato flour or almond flour.
- Pan-fry the patties in a medium-sized fry pan over medium-high heat using a teaspoon of olive oil. Some foam will come up. When juices run clear, flip patties over and cook the other side. Cover with a heavy lid. Each batch will take approximately 15 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can bake them in a 350 F preheated oven for about 20 minutes in total. They should be browned on top and the juices should run clear.