Baked Wild Salmon with Dijon Mustard and Capers
Author: Helen Papaconstantinos
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 wild salmon fillets, ¼ pound each
- 1 small organic lemon
- 2 TBS extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 TBS organic Dijon mustard per piece of fish
- Half pint of organic baby tomatoes
- 1 TBS organic caper berries, rinsed well
- 4TBS Italian parsley leaves, chopped
- Sea salt, freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F. Place washed salmon fillets into a baking dish just big enough to hold them. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Using the back of a spoon, smear the fish with the Dijon mustard. Cut half of the lemon into slices and arrange around the fish along with the baby tomatoes and capers. Top with chopped parsley.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes (or until fish flakes with a fork and is no longer raw inside.Serve with radicchio salad, roasted fennel bulb and cauliflower rice or other vegetables.